I’ve been on and off again about applying head cement or glueing my midge patterns when I’m done. One I didn’t see the benefit, two it added an extra step to the process and three where do I put the flies to dry properly.
Recently I’ve had many flies come apart after just a fish or two and I’ve had some come apart after fishing them for a few minutes and no fish, so I’ve decided I better start again.
I made a little drying rack before with the same little fly cup you get at your local fly shop and ribbing wire, but the wire was too smooth and the flies slid easily together when I moved the cup. I decided to try and make another using some sewing twine. I applied a small drop of super glue on each side and laid a piece of thread across holding it taut while it dried. I laid three strands across one direction and one strand the opposite direction. Now I have 10 little sections to place a fly and they won’t easily slide together when I move them.
Hope this idea helps you.
Happy Fishing and Stay Trout Tough!